Sunday, May 06, 2018

Thach Nham Dam in Quang Ngai Province

(Travelogues)

So, last week I was up in Quang Ngai province visiting my wife's home village.

It's a very rural province. I think I'd get bored if I was living there permanently, but it's a very nice break from all the traffic jams and air pollution of Saigon city.

The wife took me on a couple of day trips which I'll be posting about in the next few days.  The first is the Thach Nham Dam, which was about 20 minutes or so from my wife's home village.

After months in Saigon, I was just loving the mountains, rivers, and greenery on the drive over, and I had her stop a couple times to take pictures.





And then we arrived at the dam.






My wife told me that the water level is down from when she was a child.  (Climate change?)

There was a paved walk through the forest to the dam.


And then we got to the dam.



We then walked back along the river to the road,


and across the bridge to the other side of the river,



The door to the park on the other side of the river was locked,


So we went under the bridge,


to get to the walkway to the other side



and then walked up to the dam again.




And then walked through a park to get back to the road again...





No comments: