Sunday, December 26, 2021

Started: The Bible  This will be mostly a re-read.  In my youth, I was on a devotional project to read one chapter of the Bible every night.  I think I actually let the project go somewhere in the Pauline epistles, but I did actually work through the whole Old Testament, and half of the New Testament.  Or that is to say, I did the whole Protestant Old Testament--I never read the Deuterocanonical books (which is one of the reasons I'm going with The Jerusalem Bible translation this time, so I have access to the extra books.)  I'm going to try to review each book one by one, and then possibly making a video at the end.


Started: The Bible


Sigh... I rambled on for so long in this video, and yet I didn't mention half the stuff that I had wanted to talk about, and the stuff I did mention I didn't explain the way I wanted to.  This is the danger with doing unscripted videos.  And also, perhaps, filming while tired.  My apologies.

The links to other videos I mentioned (from booktube atheists who talk about the necessity of reading the bible) are:
Steve Donoghue: Western Canon Starter Kit #1: The Bible! https://youtu.be/WVL3rKcv0HQ
A Cruel Reader's Thesis: https://youtu.be/cuSb0GfjfkU

No comments: