Saturday, May 26, 2018

Spotlight English

I stumbled upon this website in my Internet wanderings.
It turns out, I know some of the people involved in this production.  Like my old friend Adam Navis.  (I've previously linked to Adam's stuff here and here.)






Looking at the Spotlight team, there are a few other names I recognize.  (Nobody else I know well, but friends of friends.)

Initially, I was going to post this as another "Hey, I Know that Guy!" entry, and just make it a comment of passing interest that we both ended up in ESL.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this could be a valuable resource.

Students are constantly asking me how they can study listening outside of class.  And I'm always embarrassed to admit that my knowledge of independent study resources is very thin.

This can be a great website to recommend to students outside of class.  So I'm also going to add this to my resource list and index this with my listening resources, and my independent study resources.

The website for Spotlight English is here, and their youtube channel is here.




No comments: