Saturday, April 05, 2014

Second Conditional Karuta

(TESOL Worksheets--2nd Conditional)
Google: drive, docs, pub
[This game is set up to work like the Japanese card game Karuta (W).  The students are divided up into groups of three or four, and each group has a set of cards that are spread out face-up among their desks.  The teacher reads from a list of "if" clauses (the students do not see the list of "if" clauses) and the students have to find the matching result clauses.  The first student in each group to place their hand on the correct result clause card gets to keep that card.  The winner is the student with the most cards at the end.]

1. If vegetables tasted like candy...
2. If tigers were friendly...
3. If giraffes had short necks...
4. If money grew on trees...
5. If chickens could talk...
6.  If tables could talk...
7.  If trees could walk...
8. If my shoe had a hole in it...
9. If monkeys drove cars...
10. If a dog were president...
11. If I ate a Christmas tree...
12. If I could tell time by heart...
13. If I didn't have to eat...
14. If I didn't have to sleep...
15. If my aunt were a man...
16. If school were fun...
17. If my desk could talk...
18. If I had ten arms...
19. If I could fly...
20. If I were a pizza...







I would eat them every day
I would keep a tiger as a pet
they wouldn't be able to reach the leaves on the trees
I wouldn't have to worry about money
people wouldn't eat chicken burgers
I wouldn't tell any secrets at the dinner table
They would  run away from the loggers
I wouldn't wear that shoe to school
There would be a lot of car accidents
He would bark when he gave speeches
I would have Christmas in my stomach
I wouldn't need a watch
I would never have to spend money on food
I could study all night
She would be my uncle
I would want to go to school everyday
Then I could ask my desk for answers during the exam
Then none of my shirts would fit
I would be able to chase birds
I would eat myself

No comments: