Thursday, July 13, 2023

Future Perfect Tense: Video and Gapfill Worksheet
Worksheet: docspub
I used this video from Easy English when introducing the Future Perfect.
In my class, I briefly set the video up by showing the first minute of it, and establishing that the characters are in high school, and imagining what their lives will be like in 10 years.  I then stop the video, and have the class predict what is going to happen to the characters in the next 10 years.  We then listen to check the predictions.  (The video is quite long, so I only do the first 2 minutes).
I then hand out the worksheet (docspub), and have the students fill in the gaps, and then play the video to listen and check.
I think take one sentence from the video to draw a timeline and concept check.



https://youtu.be/ZX53YSKPssQ

Can you guys believe high school is over? It's crazy.


I know, I feel like time just flew by.

 

I_________________ miss you guys. I'm sad we _________________  each other every day. What _________________  without each other?

 

Seriously! How _________________  without my two best friends?

 

We have to promise to keep in touch no matter what.

 

Yes we _________________  in touch, and we _________________  each other whenever we can.

 

But we are all going to colleges far away from each other. We might not get to see each other ever again.

 

Don't say that! We can meet up at our 10-year reunion.

 

That would be amazing. Can you imagine what it will be like at our 10-year reunion? We will all be so different by then. Our lives _________________  so fast. 


So true. I can imagine my life 10 years from now. Picture it. I _________________  a famous basketball player. I _________________  an incredible team by then and won championships year after year

 

Well, you really need a lot of luck and hard work to achieve that goal, but I know you've always been passionate about basketball.

 

By the time I finish college I _________________  all of the skills I need to succeed as a pro-player. I _________________  with great coaches and played against tough teams. I _________________  into an amazing athlete. Just wait. You'll see.

https://youtu.be/ZX53YSKPssQ


Can you guys believe high school is over? It's crazy.


I know, I feel like time just flew by.

 

I'm going to miss you guys. I'm sad we won't be seeing each other every day. What will we do without each other?

 

Seriously! How will I survive without my two best friends?

 

We have to promise to keep in touch no matter what.

 

Yes we will stay in touch, and we will see each other whenever we can.

 

But we are all going to colleges far away from each other. We might not get to see each other ever again.

 

Don't say that! We can meet up at our 10-year reunion.

 

That would be amazing. Can you imagine what it will be like at our 10-year reunion? We will all be so different by then. Our lives are going to change so fast. 


So true. I can imagine my life 10 years from now. Picture it. I will be a famous basketball player. I will have joined an incredible team by then and won championships year after year

 

Well, you really need a lot of luck and hard work to achieve that goal, but I know you've always been passionate about basketball.

 

By the time I finish college I will have mastered all of the skills I need to succeed as a pro-player. I will have worked with great coaches and played against tough teams. I will have turned into an amazing athlete. Just wait. You'll see.


No comments: