Sunday, July 09, 2023

Future Continuous Tense: Video and Gapfill Worksheet
Worksheet: docspub
I used this video from Easy English when introducing the Future Continuous.
In my class, I briefly set the video up by showing the first 20 seconds of it, and establishing that one character is going to visit New York City.  I then stop the video, and have the class predict what she is going to do there.  We then listen to check the predictions.  (The video is quite long, so I only do the first 2 minutes).
I then hand out the worksheet (docs, pub), and have the students fill in the gaps, and then play the video to listen and check.
I think take one sentence from the video to draw a timeline and concept check.


https://youtu.be/eOs0cZ12Fhk


I am so excited to visit New York City. I ____________  there for over a week. 


You're so lucky. I've always wanted to go there. I wish I could go with you, but I____________  my cousin's children next week. ____________  in New York?


I ____________  all the sights, of course. I ____________  everything from the Empire State Building to the Statue of Liberty.


That sounds like fun. ____________  anyone with you?


Yes, I ____________  with someone very special to me.


Oh, who is it?


I ____________  Carl, my boyfriend. He's so nice and funny I'm sure we'll have a good time.


I didn't know you were dating Carl. Is your relationship getting serious? 


Not yet, but I thought it would be fun to go with him. Going to New York together ____________  so romantic. I ____________  to see if any sparks fly between us.


How romantic. I  bet you____________  in love in no time. Next thing you know, you____________  down the aisle together.

https://youtu.be/eOs0cZ12Fhk


I am so excited to visit New York City. I will be staying there for over a week. 


You're so lucky. I've always wanted to go there. I wish I could go with you, but I'll be babysitting my cousin's children next week. What will you be doing in New York?


I will be seeing all the sights, of course. I will be touring everything from the Empire State Building to the Statue of Liberty.


That sounds like fun. Will you be taking anyone with you?


Yes, I will be travelling with someone very special to me.


Oh, who is it?


I will be taking Carl, my boyfriend. He's so nice and funny I'm sure we'll have a good time.


I didn't know you were dating Carl. Is your relationship getting serious? 


Not yet, but I thought it would be fun to go with him. Going to New York together will be so romantic. I will be watching to see if any sparks fly between us.


How romantic. I  bet you'll be falling in love in no time. Next thing you know, you'll be walking down the aisle together.


No comments: