Friday, July 14, 2023

Future Perfect and Future Continuous: Video and Gapfill Worksheet
Worksheet: docspub
I used this video when contrasting the Future Perfect with the Future Continuous
In my class, I briefly set the video up by showing the first twenty seconds of it, and establishing that the characters are talking about what they will have achieved.  I then stop the video, and, after making sure students understand "achieved", have the class predict what the characters might achieve.  We then listen to check the predictions.  
I then hand out the worksheet (docspub), and have the students fill in the gaps, and then play the video to listen and check.
I think take two sentences from the video to draw contrasting timelines for future continuous and future perfect, and concept check these.



https://youtu.be/DV31YnxY3JQ


Hello pip. What are you writing? 


It's an essay for school, Trevor. The question: “What ________________ (do) in ten years time? What ________________ (achieve)? 


That's very interesting. So, what's your answer? ________________ (travel) around the world? ________________ (made) a million pounds by that time?


That's the problem. I don't know. I've never really thought about it before. What would you say, Trevor?


Oh that's an easy one. I have my whole life planned. First I________________ (left) school by the time I'm 18. In a few years, I________________  (study) at a top university.


Of course.


Then, by the time I'm 25, I________________  (start) my political career. If I'm lucky I________________ (work) in Parliament before I'm 30 and of course by this time I________________ (get married) and had children.


What about when you're really old? Like 60 or 70.


Oh, I________________  (retire) by then. I________________ (read) a book at home and relaxing 


Hmm, your plan sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I'll be doing all of that. No, I think I________________ (relax) at home with a good book right from the start.


That sounds like a brilliant plan.

https://youtu.be/DV31YnxY3JQ


Hello pip. What are you writing? 


It's an essay for school, Trevor. The question: “What will you be doing in ten years time? What will you have achieved


That's very interesting. So, what's your answer? Will you be travelling around the world? Will you have made a million pounds by that time?


That's the problem. I don't know. I've never really thought about it before. What would you say, Trevor?


Oh that's an easy one. I have my whole life planned. First I'll have left school by the time I'm 18. In a few years, I'll be studying at a top university.


Of course.


Then, by the time I'm 25, I'll have started my political career. If I'm lucky I'll be working in Parliament before I'm 30 and of course by this time I'll have got married and had children.


What about when you're really old? Like 60 or 70.


Oh, I'll have retired by then. I'll be reading a book at home and relaxing 


Hmm, your plan sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I'll be doing all of that. No, I think I'll be relaxing at home with a good book right from the start.


That sounds like a brilliant plan.

No comments: