Friday, July 06, 2018

Poems ESL Listening

(TESOL Worksheets--Listening, Poetry, Comprehensible Input)

This is the House that Jack Built: Poems ESL Listening
What are Little Boys Made Of
* What Did You Learn in School Today by Tom Paxton (1964)
What-if by Shel Silverstein (1981)
When All the World is Young, Lad by Charles Kingsley (1863)
The Old Man's Comforts and How He Gained Them by Robert Southey (1799)
You Are Old, Father William by Lewis Carroll (1865)

While I've been going through - my - reading - lesson - archives for my new Story Time: ESL Listening project,
And I've decided I want to add make listening lessons out of my poem collection as well.
When I was teaching teenagers in Cambodia, I used to use one poem every lesson.  I posted my collection of poems up in March 2015.  I've got 32 of them (which was enough to get me through one term).  I'm going to go through them alphabetically and start making short little videos that can act as little listening lessons for the poems.  I'm going to post the videos on this blog as I make them, and index them above.

Update: I'm creating homework sheets for the students to practice these poems at home.  The Google Drive folder is HERE.

Playlist HERE

No comments: