Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Kitten and the Kangaroo by Joan Stimson: Poems ESL Listening

(TESOL Worksheets--Poems ESL Listening)

Transcript: docs, pub
Video: HERE


The Kitten and the Kangaroo by Joan Stimson: poems

Video: https://youtu.be/nFYwrG4Cg6c


The Kitten and the Kangaroo

The kitten and the kangaroo

Were bored and wondered what to do

“I know,” said Kanga, “take a ride!

Here’s my pouch--just hop inside.”


The kitten took a mighty leap.

“I say,” she said, “You’re mighty steep!”

“Come on,” said Kanga, “grab a paw,

I’ll take you on a guided tour.”


The twosome bounced around the town.

“Gee-up,” said Kitten. “Don’t slow down!”

But Kanga groaned, “I’ve had enough.

I’m high on bounce and low on puff.”


“But I’ve no pouch,” the kitten cried, 

“To give my weary friend a ride.”

She thought and sighed and though some more,

Then rushed off to the superstore.


The boss was kind. He heard her plan.

“I’d like to help you if I can.

Here’s a trolley--take good care--

I think your friend could fit in there.”


So Kanga rode back home in style,

While Kitten pushed and gave a smile.

“I may be small, but you will find

I’ll never leave a friend behind!”

No comments: