Friday, April 21, 2017

While + Past Continuous + Past Simple Scrambled Sentences

(TESOL Worksheets--Past ContinuousPast SimpleWhileConjunctions)

Google: drive, docs, pub

In my classes, I used this Slideshow Presentation to cover the grammar in English World 5 Unit 1 p.25.  Because English World 5 was presenting a very rigid form (While+ Past Continuous+ Past Simple) I tried to mimic their form exactly. 
This is a standard scrambled sentence game.  Before class, the teacher cuts up the cards and shuffles them.  Students are given a blank grid, and the cards, and a glue stick.  In pairs, they must arrange the cards on the grid to make sentences.
There are many different variations possible besides the way I wrote the cards, and I accept as correct any reasonable answer when doing this in class.  In some cases, students who come up with alternative formations will run out of the correct "was" or "were" cards, in which case I allow them to write in the missing word with a pen.



While
he
was
swimming
a shark
ate him
While
he
was
listening to music
the phone
rang
While
we
were
driving to work
we
saw a fire
While
I
was
eating lunch
I
heard the news
While
you
were
sleeping
I
stole your money
While
they
were
watching TV
a lion
came into the house
While
she
was
walking
a dog
bit her
While
I
was
studying
it
started to rain

















































No comments: