Friday, April 07, 2017

This article was making the rounds of Facebook today:
TOP DEMOCRATS ARE WRONG: TRUMP SUPPORTERS WERE MORE MOTIVATED BY RACISM THAN ECONOMIC ISSUES

As for me, I don't know.  Half the articles I've read about the election said it was all about race, half the articles said it was all about the economy.  I don't know what to believe.

I suppose it's reasonable to believe that the truth must lie somewhere in the middle--that is, maybe half of the Trump supporters are not racist and voting on purely economic issues.  And then maybe half of Trump supporters are racist.

What I do know for sure is that there certainly have been a lot of self-identified Trump supporters who have been doing racist things.
For example this article from the Huffington Post:

Airbnb Bans Host Who Dumped Guest Because She’s Asian
“I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners,” the host texted. “It’s why we have trump.”

No comments: