Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Life Pre-Intermediate: 7B The Cost of New Jobs p.84-85

(Supplemental Materials for Specific Textbooks--Life Pre-Intermediate)


Lead-in Questions: docs, pub--lead-in questions taken from here
Transcript: docs, pub

Have you made any recent changes in your life?

Do you think change is important?

Do you rearrange the furniture in your house often?

Do you like to rearrange your room or living-room?

Do you think change is important in people's lives?

Do you think it is possible for everyone to change?

Do you think that it is easy to change our old ways?

If you could change anything in your life, what would it be?

What is the most difficult change you have ever had to make?

Have you ever decided to get a tattoo?

Have you ever cut your hair really short?

What was the craziest change in appearance you have ever made?

What was the last major change you made in your life?

Have you ever decided to change the group that you usually hang out with?

What is one thing that you think you will never change about yourself?

What is one thing you have tried to change, but couldn't?

If you won a million dollars what things would you change about your life?  What things would you keep the same?

Has a friend of yours ever made any major changes that you were proud of?
An alcoholic?

Have you ever broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend? Was the change difficult?

Have you ever quit your job?

Have you ever had to change the way you speak, or the way you act? If so, why?

Have you ever decided to change the way you dress? If so, why?

Have you ever decided to change the way you eat, or your form of exercise?

I= Interviewer, E=Engineer

I: How long have you worked for your company?
E: For twenty-five years.  Since I left college.
I: So, when did you study engineering?
E: I started college when I was nineteen and I qualified as an engineer about four years later.
I: And have you always lived in Pennsylvania?
E: No. I’ve lived in lots of different places.  In the energy business, you live where the work is.
I: So, when did you move here?
E: In 2007. Just after they found the gas here.
I: So, how many different places have you lived in, do you think?
E: I’d say about fifteen, maybe sixteen places.
I: Have you ever lived abroad?
E: Yes, but only for about three months.
I: And how does Pennsylvania compare with other places?  Has it been easy living here?
E: Yes, it has, overall.
I: Have the local people been friendly?
E: Yes, they have.  Well, most people anyway.
I: Ah, but not everyone?
E: Some people didn’t want us here in the beginning because they were worried about the environment.  But the changes have been good for this region.  It’s brought jobs back to Pennsylvania. So, I think most people have understood how important this is ...



No comments: