Saturday, April 01, 2017

TEFLology Podcast: TEFL Interviews 30: Gabriele Kasper on Interaction

(TEFLology Podcast)

Listen HERE.

The TEFL inteview series are always fascinating, and this one does not disappoint.

For better or for worse, I don't have much intelligent commentary to add to this episode.  I really didn't have much background in any of the things Gabriele Kasper was talking about, so I have nothing much to say.  Other than to say that I enjoyed it.

In particular, I think the following things caught my attention:
* I thought it was interesting when Gabriele Kasper made the point that in many day-to-day transactions, simple language is preferred over complex grammar.
Gabriele Kasper made an interesting suggestion that teachers use examples of authentic, but simple, language in the classroom instead of manufactured textbook dialogues.

* I was intrigued by Gabriele Kasper's description of the research into story-telling.  It made me think about how I could use story-telling more in my own classroom.
I think actually I may have thought of some good ideas for classroom activities based off of this podcast.  If I end up using these ideas in the future, I'll post them on this blog.  So watch this space I guess.

No comments: