Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mid-Course Needs Analysis

(TESOL Worksheets--Needs Analysis)
Adult General English Class: docs, pub
Teens General English Class: docs, pub
[Notes: A pre-course needs analysis is something that is emphasized by every book on curriculum design, but in my experience, I usually find the mid-course needs analysis to be more useful.  In the pre-course needs analysis, the students have a hard time visualizing what activities they like and don't like.  But with a mid-course needs analysis, they usually have definite opinions about what is working or is not working.
The sample for the adult class I designed two years ago.  I recently had to make a mid-course needs analysis for a teens class, and I just copied over the same format from the adult course.  So I thought I would post my format here for anyone else who was interested in copying it.  The actually items, of course, will need to be edited for your particular class.]


Activity
I find this activity useful.  Please continue doing it.
I don’t find this activity useful.  Can we please use this time do do something else?
Grammar homework and question time


Pronunciation activities


Proverbs


Going over mistakes from the homework


Telling Your stories


Textbook




Here are some other activities that we could be doing more of in class.  However, please keep in mind that classroom time is limited.  If you want to do more of one activity, we have to do less of another activity to make room for it.


Activity
I want to do more of this activity (yes/no)
If you say yes, then what activity would you like to do less of in order to make time?
More Textbook


More speaking/classroom discussion


More games


More Project Work



**********************************************************

Activity
I find this activity useful.  Please continue doing it.
I don’t find this activity useful.  Can we please use this time to do something else?
Playing Quizlet Live


Party Game Riddles


Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh


Garbage Man


Board Races


Grammar Practice


Vocabulary Practice


Using the textbook in class


Using classroom time to work on our project




In the space below, write any other activities that you would like to do more of in the class:

No comments: