Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Introduction to IELTS Workshop

(TESOL Worksheets--IELTS, Workshops)

Google Drive Folder HERE
Questions: docs, pub
Slideshow: slides, pub
(Notes: This is a workshop I gave.  I'm reposting my materials here in case it's of interest to anyone else.  The slideshow doesn't include any speaker's notes, because in my head I knew everything I wanted to say.  I'm not sure if it will make sense to anyone else or not, but if anyone else wants to use it, you're welcome to).



What is the IELTS test?  What is it used for?  Who needs to take it?
You have a student in your class who is taking the General Training Module.  They want to know how much of the class will be relevant to them.  What do you tell them?
What are the sections of the IELTS test?
How are grammar, vocabulary and spelling assessed on the IELTS test?
What are the different sections on the reading test?
What are the different sections on the listening test?
What skills do students need to practice for the reading and listening test?
What is the difference between Writing task 1 and task 2?
What problems do students usually have on Task 2?
What are the different parts of the speaking test?

No comments: