Monday, January 06, 2014

Reported Speech Worksheet

(TESOL Worksheets--Reported Speech)
Version one: drive, docs, pub
Version two: drive, docs, pub
[Worksheet for reported speech.  In class I usually bring in large copies of the pictures first, and just use the pictures to get students to predict the language before giving them the worksheet. A colleague of mine re-worked this worksheet slightly to make a snazzier version.  His version here.]





















Homer Simpson meets his friend at a bar.  This is what his friend tells him.
“Hi Homer, how are you?  I feel bad.  I am too busy at work.  I don’t like my job.  Also I’m not happy.  My wife left me.  And my dog ran away.  I want to open my own business, but I don’t have the money yet.  Can you loan me some money?


Later, Homer Simpson goes on a motorcycle ride with his wife.  He tells her what his friend had said to him earlier at the bar.  Fill in the missing blanks with the correct word.

“Hey honey, I met my friend at the bar today.  Unfortunately, he told me that he ______ bad.  He said he _____ too busy at work.  He also said he ______ like _____ job.  Then he said he ____happy.  He said ____ wife _______ him, and he said ____ dog __________.  I felt very bad for him, but you’ll never believe what he said next.  He said he ______ to open ____ own business, but he ______ have the money yet.  Then he asked me ___ I ______ loan ____ some money.  What do you think I should do?”



No comments: