Thursday, July 20, 2023

On Oppenheimer
I probably won't get around to seeing and reviewing the new Oppenheimer movie anytime soon.  Just because I hardly ever see any movies these days.  (My wife did volunteer to watch the kids while I went Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny a couple weeks ago, but that was a special case and I don't want to push it.)
...but, I did want to quickly jump in and say that I find the biography of Oppenheimer fascinating in general.
I remember being really intrigued when I saw the docu-drama movie Day One, which dealt with all the politics of the Manhattan project.
I also found the American Experience documentary on Oppenheimer, and his persecution by congress in the 1950s, to be really interesting.

I've linked to both of these movies on this blog before in the past--HERE and HEREThe links no longer work, but I just wanted to jump in quickly and stake my claim that I've been fascinated by Oppenheimer's story before it was popular.
And I'll get around to seeing the movie someday, I'm sure.  Until then...

No comments: