Friday, July 07, 2023

Using quizziz.com for Reading
Last year, I linked to https://quizizz.com/ .  
At that time, I tagged it as a useful site for grammar and vocabulary, but I've recently been discovering that it also works very well in reading lessons.  
Because it allows the students to work through the questions at their own pace, it can be easily used for reading questions that require scanning for specific information.  Students scan through the text until they find the answer to the question, and then they move onto the next one.
It's a bit like Socrative in that regard.  Although quizziz seems to have a lot more bells and chimes that give students the feeling that they're playing a game.  (Although on Socrative's side, I do find Socrative more useful for tracking which individual students have missed which specific questions.  Possibly I'm missing something with quizziz, but I find Socrative more useful for trying to target which students are having problems with which questions.)
Here is a reading activity I made on quizziz.com for the reading text on Unit 2 p.26-27 in Impact 4.

No comments: