Saturday, October 14, 2023

20 Years of Blogging

I first started this blog  on October 14, 2003.  Which means, I've now been blogging for 20 years.

And I have a lot of thoughts.  A lot of things I'm proud of on this blog.  And a lot of things I'm not proud of.

I almost wrote a long post detailing all the things I regret about this blog. Just to get it off my chest. But then I decided against it.
For one thing, that post would have been way too long.  (Once I start to write about all my faults, then there's just no end to it.  I'd be writing all day.)
Maybe I might come back to some of those thoughts in the future, but in more manageable doses--i.e. instead of writing about all of my faults in one big blog post, I might dedicate several smaller blog posts to each analyzing a particular fault.  One fault at a time.

Or perhaps it's best to just let it go.
Excessive [public] self-criticism is probably just another form of narcissism, because just like narcissism, it operates off of the assumption that other people care about you as much as you care about yourself.  Most people, if they read this blog at all, just give it a quick glance and then move on with their lives.  No one aside from myself is losing sleep over how terrible most of the posts from 2005 were. 

... perhaps the smartest thing I ever wrote.   Maybe I should just leave it there.

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

"Keep going," I say!

Joel Swagman said...

Thank you. Here's to another 20 years!