Thursday, October 12, 2023


As I mentioned before, I'm listening to Steve's videos from last year's Dracula read-aloud to accompany my own rereading of Dracula.
I got a lot of enjoyment out of this one.  I chuckled at Steve's commentary about how the men can't seem to do anything by themselves, Steve's commentary about the seeming homoerotic tension between Jack Seward and Quincy Morris, and Steve's commentary on how Van Helsing can't seem to give out any useful information.

Nitpicks:
* from 12:06, Steve comments that Mrs. Westrena did not die of a disease of a heart (as Jack Seward believes) but was sucked dry by Dracula.  But is this right?  I got the impression that, although Lucy Westrena was sucked dry by Dracula, her mother Mrs. Westrena did actually die from her heart disease (or at least, from the shock that the wolf gave her already weak heart.)  But.... did I miss something?  

No comments: