Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Passive Forms Crossword puzzle--Present Simple and Past Simple

(TESOL Worksheets--Passives, Present Passives, Past Passives)
Crossword: drive
Answers: drive
Questions are on Google: docspub
Feedback on Google Slides: slidespub
Quizlet: docs, pub

Google Docs Version Here , Answers Here
[This is supposed to be a crossword puzzle.  Unfortunately blogger formatting can't handle a crossword puzzle.  So I'm just going to post the questions and answers here.  To make it into a crossword, go to a free crossword puzzle maker site, like Amored Penguin.  These questions are for young learners to teach them the difference between past simple and past continuous.  The answers are in the []brackets. This crossword puzzle is designed for younger learners, to make them focus on the form of the passive in the singular and plural and present and past tense.]
Update: I've added a few things to this crossword puzzle.  In some classes, I cut off the questions from the handout, and only gave the students the grid.  The questions were then cut up and posted all around the room.
Questions are on Google: (docs, pub)
Feedback on Google Slides (slides, pub)

And the same questions on quizlet (docs, pub)

I drink milk. Milk _______ by me [is drunk]
I drank milk. Milk ______ by me.  [was drunk]
I drink 2 glasses of milk.  2 glasses of milk ________ by me. [are drunk]
I drank 2 glasses of milk.  2 glasses of milk ________ by me. [were drunk]
The cat catches the mouse.  The mouse ________ by the cat. [is caught]
The cat caught the mouse.  The mouse __________ by the cat. [was caught]
The cat catches 2 mice.  2 mice __________ by the cat. [are caught]
The cat caught 2 mice.  2 mice __________ by the cat. [were caught]
I drive a car.  A car ______________ by me. [is driven]
I drove a car.  A car ______________ by me. [was driven]
I drive 2 cars.  2 cars _____________ by me [are driven]
I drove 2 cars.  2 cars ___________ by me [were driven]
I eat a hamburger.  A hamburger _______________ by me. [is eaten]
I ate a hamburger. A hamburger ____________ by me.  [was eaten]
I eat 2 hamburgers.  2 hamburgers _________ by me. [are eaten]
I ate 2 hamburgers.  2 hamburgers _________ by me. [were eaten]
I kick the ball.  The ball___________ by me.  [is kicked]
I kick 2 balls.  2 balls __________ by me.  [are kicked]
I kicked the ball.  The ball ________ by me.  [was kicked]
I kicked 2 balls.  2 balls ___________ by me. [were kicked]










3 Across
I drank milk. Milk _____________ by me.
4 Across
The cat caught the mouse. The mouse _____________ by the cat.
7 Across
I eat a hamburger. A hamburger _____________ by me.
8 Across
I wrote a book. A book_____________ by me.
9 Across
I eat 2 hamburgers. 2 hamburgers  _____________ by me.
10 Across
I wrote books. Books  _____________ by me.
12 Across
The cat caught 2 mice. 2 mice _____________ by the cat.
17 Across
I drive 2 cars. 2 cars _____________ by me.
18 Across
I ate 2 hamburgers. 2 hamburgers _____________ by me.

19 Across
I kick the ball. The ball _____________ by me.
20 Across
I drink milk. Milk _____________ by me.
1 Down
I drive a car. A car _____________ by me.
2 Down
I write a book. A book _____________ by me.
5 Down
I ate a hamburger. A hamburger _____________ by me.
6 Down
I write books. Books _____________ by me.
8 Down
I drove 2 cars. 2 cars _____________ by me.
9 Down
The cat catches 2 mice. 2 mice _____________ by the cat.
10 Down
I kicked 2 balls. 2 balls _____________ by me.
11 Down
I kicked the ball. The ball _____________ by me.
12 Down
I drove a car. A car _____________ by me.
13 Down
I drink 2 glasses of milk. 2 glasses of milk _____________ by me.
14 Down
I drank 2 glasses of milk. 2 glasses of milk _____________ by me.
15 Down
The cat catches the mouse. The mouse _____________ by the cat.
16 Down
I kick 2 balls. 2 balls _____________ by me.

Active and Passive Sentences: Present Simple and Past Simple
https://quizlet.com/_2ec67r


Active and Passive Sentences: Present Simple and Past Simple
https://quizlet.com/_2ec67r


Active and Passive Sentences: Present Simple and Past Simple
https://quizlet.com/_2ec67r


Active and Passive Sentences: Present Simple and Past Simple
https://quizlet.com/_2ec67r




No comments: