Sunday, February 23, 2014

Past Simple versus Present Prefect


Past Simple
Present Perfect
My name is John.  I'm 19 years old.  I graduated from school last year, so I don't go to school anymore.  But before I graduated,  I was a student at Fabulae school for 12 years.  I started at Fabulae school when I was 6 years old, and I finished school when I was 18. I studied there for 12 long years.  Every day I walked to school.  I studied science in the morning, and English in the afternoon.  I used the same textbook every day for 12 years.  I wore my school uniform every day.  I did my homework every night. 

My name is Paul.  I'm 14 years old.  I am studying at Fabulae school now.  I started when I was 6 years old, and I haven't finished school yet.  I have been a student for 8 years.  I have studied for 8 years.  I have walked to school every day for 8 years.  For 8 years, I have studied science in the morning, and English in the afternoon.  I have used the same textbook everyday for 8 years.  I have worn my school uniform for 8 years.  I have done my homework every night for 8 years.
When do we use the past simple?


When do we use the present perfect?



No comments: