Sunday, May 06, 2007

Email: October 9, 1996

(Retrospection)

This was an E-mail to an old friend from Church youth group. She was at one college, and I was at another, so we were playing catch up. Although I’ve reproduced only my half of the correspondence here, most of this e-mail is actually answering her questions from a previous e-mail, which explains the randomness of the subjects included.

Not a lot is new here. I’m keeping busy with schoolwork, and I have gotten involved with the Amnesty group on campus, the Environmental Stewardship Society, and Young Democrats. Jars of Clay had a concert on campus here yesterday. I didn’t go, but a lot of my friends did. There was a lot of traffic on campus because of it.

Instead, I have been going to see mostly student bands, like one called “Whisper” which I really enjoy, and has a couple people I know in it.

Nothing is really different around here. Or rather, lots of things are, but none significant to mention. They’re doing construction on campus. It was raining all day yesterday. My shoes got soaked, and are taking a long time to dry off, so I’ve been wearing sandals around the past couple days. It is beginning to get a bit cool around here, but we still have the odd warm day. I guess you know how the weather can be around here.

I haven’t talked to Harmony or Lorien [editors note-other friends from Church youth group], but I assume they’re still up to their old trouble. I know my sister still hangs out with them a lot. Have you heard from either of them recently?

I’m meeting a lot of new people here at Calvin, and a lot of my high school classmates are here too. (Out of our graduating class of 271, more than 100 of us are here at Calvin). My roommate is cool, and all the cats on my floor are swinging. I get bogged down with all the homework some nights, but most nights it’s usually not too bad. I keep busy but if I study during the afternoon I can usually keep my evenings free for clowning around.

Link of the Day--Via Media Mouse
Rep. Vern Ehlers Refuses to do anything to End the Iraq War at Town Hall Meeting
May 5, 2007: On Saturday, Representative Ehlers told attendees at his town hall meeting that the Iraq War was one of the major issues facing the Congress and that it must be resolved, yet he failed to either endorse existing proposals or offer his own proposals to end the war.
-->
Michigan Senator Carl Levin's Iraq Position "Praised" by the Bush Administration
May 3, 2007: Michigan Senator Carl Levin, who has expressed his willingness to pass an Iraq spending bill that does not include a timetable for beginning to withdraw US troops from Iraq, has been praised for his Iraq policy by the Bush administration according to Reuters.

No comments: