Thursday, May 03, 2007

Golden Week

Golden Week has once again come in Japan (so named because....actually I’m not sure where that name comes from. But it’s the week everyone in Japan is on vacation at once.)

Since I’m now working in the customer service industry (teaching private lessons at a private company) I don’t get Golden Week off like the rest of Japan. Although it is slightly discouraging to drive into work while everyone else is out playing, it’s probably just as well, since my Golden Week track record for the past 5 years was to either:
A). Do nothing or
B). Try and do something and then just complain about the crowds.

With all of our students having time off from work and school, there has been some speculation about whether they will all come in for lessons (and make us insanely busy) or all go away on trips (and make us very free). At the time of writing this, the verdict is still out.

I’ve already made one trip back to Mount Hachimen with one of the new teachers. I’ve been hiking there several times, but the new teachers haven’t gone yet, and I don’t really get tired of the place easily.

Link of the Day
Edgy Dems Snarl at Their Antiwar Base

No comments: