Saturday, January 06, 2024


I was talking to a colleague recently, and she mentioned that she uses the website Baamboozle in a lot of her lessons.
The name sounded familiar.  I had definitely heard this website mentioned in the teachers' room before.  (In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but was this website a lot more popular like about 5 years ago?  I feel like I used to hear it mentioned more in the past.)
Anyway, I may be a bit late to the Baamboozle party, but I'm always looking for new tricks, so I checked the website out.
Like all of these websites, there's a basic version that you get for free, and then a more advanced version that you have to pay money for.  And, like all of these websites, I'm only going to do the free version.
The basic version appears to be somewhat of a one trick pony.  You can design quiz games suitable for doing an all class quiz using the projector.  It's very similar to Hurricane, but you can play it right off of the computer instead of having to write the grid up on the white board.
The questions are designed and inputted by the teacher, and can be about anything.  So this website is easily adaptable for any grammar point or any vocabulary set.  For reading lessons, you can input specific information questions and use it for a kind of scanning race game.

This website works best if you create an account.  (You can create a free account using your email address.)  Once you create a free account, you can create games.  You can also play the games with up to 4 teams.
However, you can still play the games in your class without creating an account.  You'll just be limited to only 2 teams in the class.

Anyway, I've created an account now, and have started created games.  My Baamboozle profile is here.  I've got a few games created, and I'm hoping to add to that in the future. 

No comments: