Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Better late than never: Daily Vocabulary

(TESOL Worksheets--Daily Vocabulary)

Youtube Video--Google: docspub Slideshow (slidespub)
(This is re-purposed from my lesson on proverbs).



Better late than never
Youtube: https://youtu.be/YNSza6h7rUc

Today's vocabulary is a proverb. A proverb is a wise saying that gives you advice about how to live your life. Today's proverb is: better late than never. Better late than never is a short expression, but it's a short way of expressing the longer meaning: it is better to do something late than to never do it at all. Or to put it another way: it's best to do something on time but if you can't do it on time, do it late.
For example, imagine somebody is talking about their life experience. They say: “I didn't go to university when I was younger, but I've always regretted that. As I grew older, I decided I wanted to enroll in university and learn things. People told me, ‘You're old. It's too late to go to university.’ But I told them: better late than never.”
So let me know whether you agree or disagree with this proverb, and also let me know if you have any similar proverbs in your own language.

No comments: