Thursday, April 02, 2020

Okay, so everybody's looking for distractions these days, right?
Well, here's mine.  I have been addicted to the Revolutions Podcast lately. 
I mentioned this podcast once before in this post here because some of the recent episodes intersected with what I was talking about on my blog at the time.
I was planning on not mentioning it again until I had listened to the whole thing, and written up a full review (to add to my list of reviews of podcasts and Youtube series.)  But since it could be some months before I'm ready to write up a thorough review of the whole thing, and since people need a distraction right now, I'm going to go ahead and plug the series now.  And then I'll come back with a thorough review whenever I get around to it.

Obviously this is only going to appear to history nerds.  But if you are a history nerd... oh man, is this ever fascinating!  I have been absolutely addicted to listening to this series.  It's been doing so much to keep me sane during the past couple weeks.  And it's all so, so interesting. 

You can listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app if you have a smart phone.  Or the official website is HERE.  Or you can listen to it off of Google Podcasts HERE
For me, though, I find it easiest to listen to it off of Youtube.  I don't know, maybe it's just my personal Internet, but I find I have to put up with a lot of resetting and buffering when I stream it as a podcast.  But listening to Youtube is all very smooth.

There are several seasons, but I've been finding the season on the French Revolution absolutely fascinating.  Give it a try if you need a distraction.  Youtube Playlist below:

No comments: