Thursday, January 11, 2018

Silly Sentences

(TESOL Ideas--Any Grammar Point)
Google: slides, pub
This isn't my idea.  I got it from a co-worker, but I've used it successfully in my classes, and in the future am going to add it to my list of Activities That Can Be Used for Any Grammar Point

The students are given a subject, verb, a number of words, and a selected grammar point (e.g. present perfect, present continuous, past perfect, etc.).  In teams, they must write a sentence using those words, the selected grammar point, and the exact number of words.  Their sentence must have the number of words EXACTLY to get a point.

I've used this several times in my own classes, but mostly as a zero prep game--e.g. if I have 15 minutes to kill, I just throw some words on the whiteboard that I think of on the spot. 
But below is an example of what the game could look like on a slideshow.

It can also be adapted to adjectives, adverbs, and other grammar points.

No comments: