Sunday, January 14, 2018

2 Truths and 1 Lie: Icebreaker

(TESOL Ideas--Icebreakers)
Google: drive, slides, pub
[I've used 2 Truths and 1 lie before as part of my Activities that Can Be Used for Any Grammar Point.  But I would be remiss if I didn't include it in my list of Icebreakers as well.
This is not my own game.  It's a classic Icebreaker.  But I've realized lately that a lot of new teachers aren't familiar with it, so I thought I'd officially add it to my blog just in case.
For anyone not familiar with the game, the rules are simple.  You present the class with 3 statements.  2 of them are true, 1 is a lie.  The class tries to guess which is the lie.
In my class, I divide the class into teams, and they compete with each other to guess 2 truths and 1 lie about my life.  (I use the PowerPoint presentation embedded below, but obviously anyone else looking to borrow this activity will have to change the PowerPoint to reflect their life.)
After I had demonstrated using my own life, the students were put into small groups and made their own sentences for their group to guess.]

No comments: