Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Wish: Scrambled Sentences

(TESOL Worksheets--Wish)
Google: drive, docs, pub
[Cut up the sentences into different cards, and scramble them. Put students into groups of 3 or 4. Give each group a set of cards, a glue stick, and a paper with blank boxes on it.  Students have to glue the words into the boxes to make grammatical sentences.  Each group gets a point for each correct sentence.  The sentences below are the way I originally envisioned this answers, but younger students like to be playful with the language and come up with a variety of answers.   I give a point to anything that is grammatical.  Occasionally this results in students not being able to make a grammatical sentence from their left over cards for the last blank, in which case I let them write in their own words with a pen.]


I wish
I
could
fly
I wish
the world
could
live peacefully
I wish
my teacher
wouldn't
give me so much homework
I wish
my parents
would
let me do whatever I want
I wish
everyone
would
be nice to each other
I wish
animals
could
talk to me
I wish
my school
didn't have
tests
I wish
my house
was
bigger
I wish
I
was
king of the world
I wish
everyone
could
be happy
 












































 

No comments: