Monday, March 28, 2022

Well, it's been an interesting 24 hours on Twitter, hasn't it?  

...seriously though, I've aged so much over the past 20 years. And those guys are much older than me. How do they still look so good? It's not fair.

Other Thoughts
My first thought was, "Will Smith needs to learn how to take a joke.  His family isn't being targeted.  At the Oscars they roast everyone.  That's just what they do."

But then I thought about it some more, and I thought: "When did the Oscars become a Roast?" 
I mean, the thing about a good Roast is that everyone there knows what they've signed up.  If you come to a roast, you expect to be the target of a lot of mean jokes.  If you can't take it, don't come.
But if you come to the Oscars, are you expecting to be roasted?  Or are some people just there for a pleasant night, without the expectation of being roasted on stage?
Presumably the audience at the Oscars is made up of all different personality types.  Some of them are comfortable being made fun of, and some of them aren't.  And for the ones that aren't, I don't think it's fair to assume they agreed to be roasted simply by virtue of showing up. 

When did the Oscars become a roast?  Was it from Ricky Gervais?  Or has it always been like this?  (Confession time--I've never once watched the Oscars on TV.  I just watch the clips on social media the next day.)

Not, of course, that this justifies violence.  See video below:

No comments: