Saturday, May 01, 2021

How I Met Your Mother: Review of Seasons 1-7 (Television Addiction)



This is part of my "Television Addiction Series" which I explained about HERE.  The Television Addiction series is part of my so-called "Scripted Review Series", which I explained about HERE.  For the original 2013 post on which this is based, see: Television Addiction Part 2: Oh the TV Shows I’ve Seen!


How I Met Your Mother (Seasons 1-7)
            Because I’ve been living abroad for so long, this TV show has been off my radar for many years.  I first started noticing it when I was at University in Melbourne, and when hanging out with undergraduates I began to notice how popular this show was with the 18-22 year old crowd.  Since then I’ve caught a few episodes here and there, and quite enjoyed them.  And then I found myself buying the DVDs and working through the whole series.
            I love the characters and I love the zany sense of humor of this series. 
            The sappiness, however, means that I can only watch so much of this series before I start getting fed up with it.  Some episodes really lay on the sap harder than others so, so it can be hit and miss.

No comments: