Saturday, September 19, 2020

Links to Youtube Videos for Simple Songs in the English Classroom

(TESOL Ideas--Listening, Comprehensible Input)
[Notes: For my younger classes (ages 6-8) I've been using one song with every lesson.  I think it's a great way to introduce more comprehensible input, and get away from the grammar curriculum that is in their textbooks--even if its just for 5 minutes. We usually play the song twice--once listening to it, and then once singing it together.  Depending.  If the children already know the song, we may skip the silent listening part, and just jump to the singing part.
There are a million different channels on Youtube dedicated to children's songs or ESL songs, but sometimes sorting through everything and finding a good video can take time.  I hate to admit it, but there are days when I'll spend a good 10 minutes searching on Youtube to find a suitable song for tomorrow's class.  So, in order to save myself time in the future, in case I ever find myself doing this again, I've decided to make a list of all the songs I've used so far.]

The Green Grass Grows All Around

Apples and Bananas

Mary had a little lamb

Hickory Dickory Dock

If You're Happy

She’ll be coming round the mountain

Little Bunny Foo Foo

Froggy Went a Courtin

10 Little Dinosaurs

Open Shut Them

Bingo

Let's Go For A Walk Outside

Old MacDonald had a Farm

Five Little Speckled Frogs

I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly

5 Little Ducks

Ten in the Bed

Do You Like Broccoli Ice Cream?

* Once I Caught a Fish Alive

Down by the Bay

Down by the Bay #2

Down by the Bay #3

No comments: