Monday, June 18, 2018

A Joke A Day Part 2

(TESOL Worksheets--Comprehensible Input)
Google Drive Folder HERE,
Slideshow: slidespub (Update: Youtube Video HERE)



4 years ago, I posted my "A Joke A Day" project.
At the time I said I would add to the list as I got new ideas.  But shortly after posting that, my schedule changed, and I lost my class of 10-12 year olds.  (10-12 years old is right about the perfect age for corny jokes.)
I've gone back to these jokes a few times over the past few years, particularly when doing a last minute cover.  I turned the collection of jokes into a PowerPoint, and turned that PowerPoint into a full lesson.  But I haven't really been adding to my collection of corny jokes.

But, now I'm once again teaching 10-12 year olds.  So it's once again time to bring out the corny jokes.  (I'm a huge believer in using jokes for ESL.  I think learning to play with the language is the perfect way to remember the vocabulary).

After using all the jokes from my old PowerPoint, it was time to create new ones.
These are all the ones I've come up with so far, but it's still an ongoing project (i.e. I'm still adding new jokes to this slideshow every lesson.)
So.... If anyone knows any good jokes, let me know.  As you can see from this slideshow, I'm already running out of good ideas, and have had to resort to some really awful jokes.

None of the jokes are mine.  Some of them are old chestnuts.  Others I've stolen from various places on the Internet.  All the pictures and illustrations are also stolen from the Internet using a Google Images search.

No comments: