Sunday, February 27, 2005

Bush and Drug Use
I’m sure by now everyone has heard about these tapes, in which President Bush all but admits he has used drugs in the past. And I’m sure everyone has noticed that the right, which loved to condemn Clinton’s past, has been strangely slow to condemn Bush on this issue.

The double standard for liberal politicians is an issue that never ceases to infuriate me. I’m reminded of a couple articles I wrote for Chimes, one on Bush’s drug use, the other on the furor over Jesse Jackson’s affair.

I’ve linked to these articles before, so I hope I’ll be forgiven for this. I know it is bad form to cite oneself, and certainly bad form to repeatedly cite oneself. But it is much easier to link to myself than to repeat myself, which is what I’d end up doing otherwise.

No comments: