Sunday, March 03, 2024

Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales: Write Your Own Ending

(TESOL Worksheets--Reading, Writing, Time Killers and Time FillersThe Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales)

Google Drive Folder HERE
* Faithful John: docs, pub
* Lady Mary’s Child: docs, pub
* The Frog Who Wanted a Friend: docs, pub
* The Golden Bird: docs, pub
* The King of the Golden Mountain: docs, pub
* The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids: docs, pub
* Writing Sheet: docs, pub

Notes: These are based on stories I posted previously as part of my Grimm Brothers' Story Time ESL Listening Project.  I have repurposed them to serve as writing prompts.  With the new worksheets, the story is split into two.  The students read the first half of the story, and then write the second half of the story using this worksheet.
This is part of a new project I'm working on in my classroom to combine interesting input with productive prompts.  I hope to post more about that in the future.
It is also based off of a similar worksheet that I used for my Storytime picture book collection.

For the original worksheets that these writing prompts are based on, see:
From that previous collection, for the time being, I've decided not to use "A Cat and a Mouse Living Together" (the ending is too predictable), and also "The Boy Who Wanted to Learn How to Shudder" (the story is too long, and too unpredictable)

No comments: