Thursday, October 19, 2023


The other day, a teacher at my center got sick, and I was called in to cover a class at the last minute.  Fortunately, the teacher had prepared some materials for me, so I was able to use her lesson plan.
As part of her lesson plan, she had included this video to use as a model text for must, musn't and can.  



The teacher had included no worksheets for the video, and I didn't have time to make up any, so I just used the video without any questions.  But I thought it was a very useful video that I would like to remember in case I ever have the need to go back and do this lesson again in the future.
I was impressed with the production quality of the video, and when I looked at the Youtube channel, I realized there were a lot of similar videos.
Although, if you look at the description in each video, it says: "This video belongs to Go Getter 3 (Pearson)"  Which probably means that (although the Youtuber gets credit for honesty), these videos were probably uploaded without the consent of the copyright holder.  Which means they could get taken down at any moment.  Which means that I should be careful about spending too much time creating supplementary material for these videos.  
However, looking at the upload dates, it looks like they've managed to stay up for 3 years so far without Youtube taking action, so maybe we can hope that they'll last a bit longer?
I'm not familiar with Go Getter 3, but I've googled them just now, and it looks like they're textbooks created for secondary school.  Presumably these videos are supplementary material that comes with the textbook.  Possibly Pearson is not concerned with the videos being leaked on Youtube as long as it is driving interest in the textbook.   Who knows?
Anways, for the time being, these videos are on Youtube, and I think can serve as useful model texts for grammar lessons.  
Once again, I can't put them into a playlist, because Youtube has classified them as "for kids", but here is the list below:

No comments: