Tuesday, February 25, 2020

夜明けを告げに (Leaving all Behind) by オフ・コース (Off Course)



I linked to this song once before back in 2008.  But that was just as a "link of the day", and not as a full post.  So I thought I'd give it its own separate post, and add it to my "Sharing Music I Like" project.
This is a 1971 song by the band Off Course.  It's a pretty obscure song even within Japan.  The band "Off Course" was famous (Wikipedia article HERE) but this wasn't one of their bigger hits.
Nevertheless, I stumbled upon it while listening to a compilation album for Off Course, and I fell in love with it.

To quote myself from 2008:
This is perhaps my favorite Japanese song ever (in so much as it is possible to have a favorite song, since it always depends on your mood at the time.) Yoyake o Tsugeni by Off Course.
I have this song on one of my mixed tapes, and it's one of those songs where when I'm driving, I'm constantly stopping the tape and rewinding so I can hear it just one more time.

No comments: