Thursday, February 03, 2022

Vietnamese Alphabet 


My Vietnamese studying continues to have its ups and downs.  After having stalled out for several months (close to a year), I'm trying to pick up again with Tiếng Việt 123: Vietnamese for Beginner.  However, I've hit a snag in this book very early on.  On pages 10-11, the introduction to the Vietnamese alphabet, the audio that accompanies the book (available online HERE) only pronounces the names of the letters of the alphabet, but not the example word.  (The example word is in the textbook, but not in the audio.)
This was an omission, I thought, so I had my wife record a version with both the name of the letter of the alphabet and the example word.
To my mind, this is a useful supplement to the book--filling in a gap that the publishers themselves had neglected--so I'm trusting I won't get dinged for copyright infringement.

No comments: