Thursday, March 16, 2017

TEFLology Podcast: TEFL Interviews 29: Anne Burns on Action Research

(TEFLology Podcast)

Okay, so I've gotten very behind with my reviews on both TEFLology and The Ling Space.  (I've been distracted by numerous other blogging projects, and numerous things in the real world.)  So I'll be playing catch-up for a while here.  This episode came out on February 15, but I'm just getting around to it now.

You can listen to it here.

I found it very interesting, but I have absolutely no intelligent commentary to add.

I haven't done any action research, so I can't comment.  (I probably should do some action research for my own professional development.  It's on a long list of things I probably should be doing).

The only point of contact I have with this is when Anne Burns talks about teachers sharing their research with their blogs.
Although I haven't been doing action research on this blog, I have been using it to share my materials.   Occasionally, I will add some brief reflections on what I thought the students reacted positively to, or what I thought they reacted negatively to.   It's not action research, but it's perhaps a step in that direction.

No comments: