Monday, December 17, 2007

Childhood Home Movies

(Retrospection)

Now that I've converted all the old videos onto DVD, here are a few more retrospection videos.

These are the old silent 8 MM video tapes from childhood. There of pretty poor quality because of their age and because this tape is a few generations old (8 MM to video tape--video tape to DVD--DVD to google video). So if you can make out something and it's interesting to you, great. Otherwise I guess don't feel like you have to watch them.

Also somewhere along the line (I guess when the photo store converted the old 8 MM to VHS) the order got a bit screwed up. There more or less in chronological order, but every now and then you can see a jump.

These are family videos and aren't strictly all about me (siblings and even some aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents can be seen). But as the oldest child I can't deny I get more than my fair share of screen time.

Most of this video was shot in those hazy days of early childhood before my long term memory really started kicking in, so I can't really offer too much insightful commentary.

I am surprised by how short all of the clips are. Especially imagining how much trouble it must have been to drag that old video camera out and feed the film into it, you would think once you got it up and running you would want to shoot for a bit longer. And I'm not just picking on my parents, it seems like everyone's old 8 MM movies look like this. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

Otherwise, here are the movies (divided into 3 parts for ease of uploading).







Link of the Day
Blank Check Democrats: The Great War Funding Conspiracy

No comments: