Thursday, October 06, 2016

Will for Future Prediction: Shouting Dictation

(TESOL Worksheets--Will)

Google: docs, pub

This is a game I picked up at a recent workshop.  It looked like a lot of fun, so I was eager to try it in my own classes.
This is done in pairs.  The pairs stand on opposite sides of the room.  One student is a reader, and one student is a writer.  Because they are standing on opposite sides of the room, they must shout their sentences to each other.  To increase the challenge, they are competing against many other pairs, all of whom are shouting different sentences.
To increase the challenge even more, the teacher can put on loud music  on.
There are many ways this game can be organized, but in my class I did it in teams, and awarded 5 points to the first team to finish, 4 points to the second team to finish, etc.
In my class, I used this to supplement a lesson from the Life Elementary textbook (12A Climate Change p.142-143)  But I think it can be used to supplement any lesson on "will for future predictions".



  1. In the future, people will live longer.
2. In the future, robots will do all of our work for us.
3. It will rain tomorrow.
4. You will be sorry.
5. He will be handsome someday.

  1. You won’t like that movie.
2. He will love you.
3. She will be there.
4. In the future, the earth will be warmer.
5. He will be ugly someday.

  1. You won’t be sorry.
2. Tomorrow, I will miss you.
3. I will be tired tomorrow.
4. You won’t look good in that dress.
5. She will be beautiful someday.

  1. You will be sick.
2. He will forget all about you in three days.
3. You won’t remember any of this tomorrow.
4. In the future, tigers will rule the earth.
5. We will all be dead in 100 years.

  1. You will live forever.
2. He will be angry when he gets home.
3. She will love me.
4. We will win this war!
5. He will be running this company in five years.

  1. I will always love you.
2. You won’t forget me.
3. I will win.
4. You won’t regret this.
5. He will be the boss someday.

  1. This company will be a huge success.
2. She will ruin everything.
3. He won’t be happy about this.
4. People won’t buy cars anymore.
5. He won’t live another year.

  1. They won’t be here tomorrow.
2. Canada will win the World Cup.
3. It will snow tomorrow.
4. It will be a hot summer.
5. She won’t win.


  1. He won’t be back.
2. You will never work again in this town.
3. Don’t worry.  He will save us.
4. She will always love me.
5. You won’t like it here.

  1. He will say something stupid.
2. She will look beautiful in that dress.
3. This will be the best night of our lives.
4. He won’t be back.
5. We will meet again someday.




1.

2.

3.

4.

5.









1.

2.

3.

4.

5.






No comments: