Sunday, July 15, 2007

Apartment Video Tour

Shoko and I both had half a day off yesterday because of the Typhoon, so we finally made that video tour of our apartment I had been wanting to do. I don't know if this is of any interest to any one else or not, but it was an excuse to get out the video camera again (we haven't posted a video in a couple months) and let you see our smiling faces. (Although I'll be back in GR in person in a couple days).

Shoko was her usual camera shy self and insisted on being behind the camera for most of the video, but I got her to make a brief cameo at the end. Also I had trouble uploading the video, so I had to split it up into two smaller parts. (Although I've posted longer videos in the past, so I don't really understand how this works.) Anyway, without further ado...
Part 1



and Part 2



Link of the Day
"Accidents" of War
The Time Has Come for an Honest Discussion of Air Power

7 comments:

Maria said...

So I'm sure this highlights my ingorance in a bunch of things including how large Japan is and where you live specifically.

However - I hope that you were far from the earthquake we're hearing about in the US this morning and that you're doing well.

mg

Joel Swagman said...

I just found out about it now by reading your comment. (I guess that doesn't say much for my ignorance either). But I am just asking shoko about it now. She says it was quite far away from here.

paul bowman said...

Enjoyed this a lot. I've known people who've lived & worked in one Asian country or another, and I've looked at not a few magazine pics of architectural settings in Japan (w/ emphasis on the slick & contemporary, of course), but never have had such a good glimpse at something of ordinary working folks' everyday environment in that part of the world. Nice idea for a post.

Good that Shoko got in front of camera before it was over! To leave the actual Japanese personality in this home only a disembodied presence would've made for kind of a weird viewing experience in the end.

(I'm a fellow reader over at the Whisky Prajer. Have been looking in here for a few weeks.)

Joel Swagman said...

Paul, good to make your blogging acquatance. Truth be told I've wandered over to your blog a couple times in the past of Whiskey's links as well.

I'd hate to tell the amount of coaxing that it took to get Shoko to agree to come on camera, but I think you're right, it would have been incomplete without her.

Whisky Prajer said...

These disposable de-humidifiers - exactly how do they work?

SN said...

this cracked me up...looking forward to seeing you my man. --brett

Joel Swagman said...

Whiskey, you know I'm not exactly sure. Somehow they fill up with water (which is supposedly from the air) and then when they fill up, you throw it away.

Brett, good to hear from you (although I notice you seem to have surrounded your blogging identity, along with your masculinity, to your wife).

I kid of course. Give me a call or send me an e-mail (I think I threw away all my phone numbers when I left for Japan). I'll probably be busy until Sunday though