Monday, February 16, 2004

Movies
Had a movie night last night with some of the gang. We rented "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" which is just coming out on video in Japan now. It wasn't bad. Gave me an idea for a movie of my own, about a JET who is a secret agent in his spare time. It has possibilities I think.
Also, while we were thumbing through the video collection, we came across the movie "Predator." And someone mentioned this movie was now a classic because it stars both the current governor of Minnesota and the current governor of California. As the only American in the group, it was a real patriotic moment for me.
Of course after Ronald Reagan, it is not unusually at all for actors to enter politics. But the thing about Predator (and most of the films in the Arnold Schwarzenegger cannon) is that they were so violent that I was never allowed to watch them as a child. Kind of ironic that Schwarzenegger is now a politician in the party of family values and wholesome entertainment.
update Turns out Jesse Ventura is no longer the Governor of Minnesota. I guess a lot can happen when you've been out of the country for a few years.

No comments: