Monday, August 27, 2018

Today, in: Hey! I know that Guy!

Ground Up 017 - A Comedian Abroad w/ Nathan Jaiyeola



Nathan is someone I've been friends with in both Vietnam and Cambodia.  We both started out in Phnom Penh, and then we both moved to Saigon.
(I'm fairly sure I've linked to some of Nathan's stuff in the past off of this blog, but I can't find the link now.)

In the video, Nathan starts talking about his experiences in Cambodia and Vietnam at about the 32 minute mark.  He mentions that he got involved in doing comedy in Cambodia because one of his co-workers was involved in the comedy scene in Phnom Penh.

That co-worker is another mutual friend, and someone else I've linked to off of this blog.  Back in October of 2013.  I'll repost those links below:

My friend and co-worker has been been doing some stand-up comedy here at the Phnom Penh comedy club.  In my humble opinion, he's not half bad either.
A lot of his comedy is based around the expatriate life in Cambodia, so if anyone is interested it might give a bit of insight into life out here.
See his comedy at youtube here , here , here , here and here.


No comments: