Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Paper Moon


Why I Saw This Movie:
          This is one of those classic movies that I’ve been meaning to get around to for a long time.

The Review
          On paper it may not sound like much: a grumpy little girl constantly bickering with a con-man on a cross-country journey.  But Tatum O’Neal plays the grumpy-little-girl character so well that I was always in stitches as I listened to her argue with her con-man father in the car.
            Knowledge of the real-life tragedy of Tatum O’Neal (W) adds a darker dimension to this movie.  Another child actor whose life was ruined by being exploited by Hollywood, all of which started with this movie.  But I tried not to think about that when I watched the film.

Link

Rating :
8 out of 10 stars

Link of the Day
Noam Chomsky: The Costs of War

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny for my kids