Friday, October 14, 2022

Revolutions Season 3: The French Revolution by Mike Duncan

(Podcasts--History)

Started: December 19, 2021
Finished: 1st listening: January 6, 2022
               2nd listening: March 7, 2022
               3rd listening: October 8, 2022
(This is part of my journey through Revolutions Podcast, which I talked about HERE.  As I said in that post, I'm only going to do video reviews for the individual seasons, and then will put together a written review once I've worked my way through the whole podcast.)



I had already posted about this podcast back in April 2020.  But at that time I was skipping around a bit in the podcast to listen to the episodes that sounded most interesting to me.  This time around, I listened to the whole thing systematically, from start to finish, 3 times over.

The other stuff I've read/watched/listened to on the French Revolution is below.

History Books:

Historical Fiction

Movies/TV shows

Tangentially Related:
* The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (Thomas Paine wrote this during the French Revolution)
* War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (Mike Duncan covers the Napoleonic Wars briefly as an epilogue)
Also.... Mike Duncan talks about the history of the Bourbon dynasty and Louis XIV's reign as background to explaining the circumstances of French politics in the 18th century.  For a fictionalized account of all this, see the Three Musketeers series:

See also:

No comments: