I was originally thinking I would do this as part of my Reading Books With My Kids project, but once I started reading it to them, I realized it was not really at their level at all. (I guess the lesson here is to always preview read the books before attempting to introduce them to my kids.) We'll see what happens to this one. We started it yesterday, and after finishing the first chapter, I apologized to my kids, said this book was too difficult, and proposed something else. But my daughter wants to keep reading it, so for the moment we'll see how it goes.
Either way, I'm way overdue to read this book just for my own sake. (Believe it or not, I have never read The Borrowers series). So we'll see how long my kids want to keep reading it, but if they decide to stop reading it, I'll probably still finish it up by myself and review it here.

No comments:
Post a Comment