Friday, December 22, 2023

Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons: Book Review


Started: November 29, 2023
Finished: December 21, 2023

(This is a reread.  I originally read this shortly before the movie came out in 2009.  But since this is the first time I'm reviewing this book on this blog, according to my new rules, I'm doing it as a video only review.)




Weekly Reading Vlogs
December 03, 2023 From the beginning to issue 4 p.22  [The edition I'm reading doesn't have cumulative page counts--it just reprints the issues as they were originally printed with the page number of each issue.  I can't be bothered to count up the cumulative pages, so for the time I'm reading this I'll just put in the issue and page number here.]
December 10, 2023 From issue 4 p.22 to issue 8 p.28 
December 17, 2023 From issue 8 p.28 to issue 10 p.20

Playlist HERE

3 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

Forever the self-promoter, I also reviewed The Watchmen: https://whiskyprajer.blogspot.com/2004/11/incredibles-achilles-heel.html

Whisky Prajer said...

I'm also cuckoo about Amanda Conner: https://whiskyprajer.blogspot.com/2013/11/silk-spectre-by-darwyn-cooke-amanda.html

Joel Swagman said...

I'm sure I must have read it before, but I reread with pleasure your 2004 review of the Incredibles (and the influence of Watchmen). It's a great little piece. Reminds me of why I started reading your blog (and kept with it) in the first place way back in the days when I only knew you as a link from Christman's blog.
Thanks also for reminding me of your Before Watchmen review. I'm beginning to regret not requesting that for my school library instead of Doomsday clock. Well, there's always next year.