Sunday, August 04, 2024

Trip to Emerald Ho Tram Resort, Ho Tram, Ba Ria–Vung Tau Province, Vietnam: Travelogue Video

(For more information about these videos, see HERE)



Our travels this week ended up getting divided into two seperate mini-trips.  (For various reasons--it's a long story.)
The first trip was to Con Dao Island--see previous post.  

The second was to a resort in Ho Tram (W).

Ho Tram is one of the closest beach destinations to Saigon.  (It's fairly close to Saigon as the crow flies, but because of traffic congestion it ends up taking a few hours.  I think it took us 3.5 hours down, and even longer on the way back.)
The impression I get is that Ho Tram has only been developed recently.  Previously Vung Tau was the popular tourist destination near Saigon, but then someone got the idea to develop neighboring Ho Tram, and now a whole bunch of resorts are springing up along Ho Tram beach.  (As always, take everything I say with a grain of salt, because I don't really understand everything that's happening here in Vietnam.  But that's the impression I got.)

Anyway, we stayed at one of these resorts that are now populating Ho Tram Beach--the Emerald Ho Tram Resort.
The resort is right next to Hamptons Pier, which is a fancy Pier that has been built as part of the development of Ho Tram.  We went to the  Hamptons Pier for a walk the second night we were at the resort, but I didn't feel a need to video the pier because I had already video-taped it during my November, 2022 trip to Ba Ria city.  (In retrospect I wish I would have split that video up into different parts, because I now think that Ho Tram is separate from Ba Ria City.  But at the time, based on what my wife had told me, I had thought Ho Tram was a district within Ba Ria City.  Like I said, I don't always know what I'm talking about, so take me with a grain of salt.)
So anyway, I didn't take any video of Hamptons Pier.  But on the walk back from Hamptons Pier to the resort, we passed not one, but two signs for Emerald Ho Tram Resort which advertised it as "Mice" instead of "Nice"--"Mice Leisure" and "Mice Destination".  And that was too funny not to video.

Other than that, we just stayed at the Resort the whole time we were there, so all the rest of the video is just the resort.

No comments: